Biomechanics for birth by Molly O'Brien - Optimal birth
Saturday 01 July 2023, 9:30am - 5:30pm
Biomechanics for birth- “examines the biomechanics of the pelvis through labour, the physiology of birth, more effective diagnosis of malposition and techniques to help the pelvis and baby move into better positions for birth.
On Campus or Edith Cavell building- exact room TBC
Ticket price £50 total
Initial deposit to secure place £20
Only 20 spaces available and it’s first come first serve over all the 3 cohorts so be quick!!
Biomechanics for birth- “examines the biomechanics of the pelvis through labour, the physiology of birth, more effective diagnosis of malposition and techniques to help the pelvis and baby move into better positions for birth. The insights offered are especially powerful in cases of obstructed Labour but are also highly effective in helping most labouring women have a more comfortable and easier birth”
- Definition of malposition, dystocia, statistics & birth outcomes.
- Applying Biomechanics to Birth including, anatomy and & physiology, causes of pelvic imbalance that often result in suboptimal positions, who is at risk, why and how to recognise it.
- Practical techniques include optimal birth positions, the use of rebozo and positions to help labour progress such as forward leaning inversion, side lying release, abdominal lift, exaggerated lateral position, birth balls and peanut balls
- Techniques to improve diagnosis of a mechanical labour dystocia
- Other helpful strategies that support and optimise birth physiology
- Empowering midwifery and challenging the status quo
- Research and evidence,
- Communication, and consent & documentation”
View the full course details here
We are aware that £50 is a lot of money especially given the current pressures we are all under this is why we have made it possible to secure a spot by paying a deposit with the rest due over 6 weeks later (by end of March). And have applied for funding through the university to decrease the price significantly.
This course is usually charged at £70-£95 if you attended privately we hope putting it on as a midsoc event allows it to be a little more accessible!!
We hope as many of you that are able and keen can attend and there is always the possibility of hosting again in future years if people miss out- but the number of attendees allows for training and practise for all so we can really out the skills learnt into practice!!