Navigate Norfolk: Great Eastern Pingo Trail Day Trip
Saturday 25 February 2023, 11am - 4pm
Meet at UEA Megabus Stop
Come and enjoy a walk amongst the ancient trees of the wider Thetford Forest and see some rare ponds known as pingos.
Join one of our Navigate Norfolk Day Walks for just £5 a ticket. Take a break, stretch your legs and get outside in the fresh air whilst being able to socialise with others.
Please be at the UEA mega bus stop 15 minutes before the listed start time so we can check you in. The walk will take you through the outskirts of Thetford Forest and through Noroflk Wildlife Trust nature reserve Thompson Common. The walk is approximately 8 miles long. If you have a query regarding accessibility, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please ensure you wear appropriate footwear and appropriate clothing for the time of year.
Please bring your own refreshments as there is no cafe, and ensure you use the facilities on campus before the coach departs as there are no toilets.
Tickets are available to purchase from 4 weeks prior until 2pm on the day before the trip.
Below is a summary of the requirements for the sessions to go ahead.
- Make sure you have completed the pre-trip survey for emergency contact details etc.
- If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms you should not attend (cough, high temperature, loss of taste/smell
- wash or sanitise your hands regularly (we have this available if you don’t - just ask a staff member or volunteer).
- avoid touching your face
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- dispose of waste safely, including items such as used disposable face coverings
- If you start feeling unwell/displaying COVID symptoms let one of the volunteers know.
- We may be taking photos/filming so let one of the staff/volunteers know if you do not want to be in any photos/videos
We're committed to making sure all uea+sport events are as accessible as possible for all students.
This event requires physical activity so if any attendees with individual concerns about their accessibility are advised to contact uea+sport via email@example.com for additional support.
uea+sport privacy notice
Sessions are organised and run by uea+sport and may require some information from you regarding your participation in the session. Therefore, please visit the uea+sport/Sportspark privacy notice to understand what data we may require and how we use it. This can be found here: https://www.sportspark.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Sportspark-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf
What is Do Something Different?
Do Something Different is an extracurricular programme delivered by uea(su) and UEA, to enhance your time at university. Whether you want to try out a new activity, explore somewhere new, or take a break from your studies, there is a Do Something Different activity that will work for you.
For more information on Do Something Different activities, check out the SU website> events> Do Something Different or follow our Instagram @ueadsd