Join our UEA Ice Facebook Group to keep up to date with all events-> https://www.facebook.com/groups/ueaice/
We are UEA Ice: home of ice hockey team UEA Avalanche, ice skating, and figure skating
It doesn't matter if you have never stepped skate on the ice, or have skated your whole life.
We are a development club that aims to make ice skating and its variety of sports as accessible as possible. No equipment or experience is needed! We provide all kit/skates for free (subject to availability)
We also offer minibuses to all games, on-ice training sessions and recreational ice skates, with our local rink being Cambridge.
UEA Avalanche Hockey Team: Mixed ability, all genders and made up of staff, students and alumni.
Alongside our BUIHA league games, we also take part in friendly games with other BUIHA teams and local recreational teams. In addition, we have a couple of special games in the year.
- 'All Stars', a reunion match at end of the academic year featuring alumni members and team VIPs
- Nationals or more affectionately known as 'natty's. The highlight of university ice hockey where every BUIHA team travels to Sheffield for a weekend tournament during the April break.
- Meeting at 19:00 for a 2 hour training session, alternate Sundays at Cambridge Ice Rink. £20 per session (includes transport from/dropped at the Hive)
- 21:15-22:15, alternate Thursdays Hall 4 at the Sportspark. Free for all members.
UEA Ice: Recreational Skaters and Figure Skaters
- Bi-weekly recreational skating sessions
- Skates and transport provided
- meeting at 17:00 for an 1 1/2 hour skating session, alternate Tuesdays at Cambridge Ice Rink. £10 per session (includes transport)
- Coaching is currently being organised for during Rec skates and Patch sessions
- Timings tbc: fortnightly Strength & Conditioning training Mondays in room tbc. Free for all memebers
- 21:15-22:15, alternate Thursdays in room 01.07 Congregation Hall. Free for all members.
- 11:00, fortnightly Sunday run at the UEA Lake. Free for all members
(open to all skaters, hockey and figure!)
Socials: Drinking and Non-drinking.
- Weekly Sports Night Socials
- NHL watching meetups
- Local Ice Hockey Matches
- Themed and non-themed events
- Off-campus socials, (pub crawls, trampoline park, movie nights etc.)
For the Ice Hockey games of 22/23 see the BUIHA website https://buiha.org.uk/club.php?club=27
Potential Floorball training/tournament with local teams.
Get in contact with us!:
UEA Ice Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ueaice/
UEA Ice Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/uea_ice/
Club email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A new committee is elected towards the end of each year at our annual AGM. All members are welcomed to stand for any position and voting takes place online. The new committee will be in charge of the running of the club in the following academic year and strive to make sure your experience as fun and as full as possible.
President: Amy Robery
Vice-President: Tegan Collier
Treasurer: Aaron Goh
Secretary: Jordyn Levy
Health and Safety Officer: Jennifer Orthmann
Equality and Diversity Officer: Kaitlin Pimperton
Welfare Officer: Arun Fletcher
Kit Secretary: Slade Chogle
Social Secretary/Union Council Rep: Helen Harrison and Atlas Ashworth
Figure Rep: Ellie Loughran
Publicity Officer: Luke Bailey
Ice hockey is a sport best served cold:
Additional Cost of Sport Ranges
The additional cost of sport project, which was created by the Students’ Union, alongside uea+sport, is designed to give prospective members information on the range of costs they may face in joining their chosen sport.
This range should be taken as guidance. For compulsory costs, this price includes uea+sport membership which is £55, and you only need to pay once to join all of our clubs.
When considering additional costs, some clubs may have none and others may have further costs. This is often dependent on the level of competitiveness for the sport you get involved in, and so recreational or socially playing may be cheaper. You may also have equipment which can be used between multiple sports, for example shoes or gum shields.
For any questions, please ask the sport club for specific further information, or email@example.com for further information on the project.
Your Activities & Opportunities Officer 23/24