Love nature? Join UEA's Conservation and Wildlife Society!
Experience the amazing wildlife that Norfolk, Norwich and our campus has to offer!
Joining CAWS is a great way to meet like-minded nature enthusiasts and discover the wildlife of UEA and Norfolk. We will be hosting a mixture of outdoor and indoor events throughout the year, such as:
- Day trips to wildlife sites in Norfolk such as our Horsey seal trip in November
- Wildlife walks around campus, where we can see species like Little Owl, Water Vole and Norfolk Hawker!
- Fortnightly trips to Buxton Heath, a fabulous nearby nature reserve where we help with practical conservation work.
- Bat walks; 11 of the 18 species present in the UK can be found on campus
- Nature photography competitions
- Quiz nights
- Regular nature documentary/film nights
If you have any particular interests or expertise we would be excited to hear from you, as we are always looking to create new events and learn more about nature!
Follow our social media for more information on our socials and events, and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions to ask us, at email@example.com
Facebook for prospective members and existing members
YouTube advertisement video: https://youtu.be/ihmEILGothU
We also have a Facebook Messenger group for everyone to share photos, sightings and ask questions. If you would like to be added, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at https://www.cawsociety.co.uk/ for a map of local nature spots, updates, blogs and more!
President: Liam Curson (L.email@example.com)
Secretary: Emily Metcalfe (E.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Ellie Bould (E.email@example.com)
Health and Safety Officer / Union Council Rep: Josh Bell (J.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Social Secretary : Hector Selby Reimundez (H.email@example.com)
Equality and Diversity Officer: Yashni Vithlani (Y.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Events Officer: Rosie Langton (R.email@example.com)
First year rep: