Wellbeing Dog Walk
Wednesday 30 November 2022, 2pm - 3pm
Meet at UEA Security Lodge
£1.00 (Wed 30 Nov)
£1.00 (Wed 7 Nov)
Please log in to buy tickets.
Explore the outdoor green spaces on our beautiful campus and see the 'pawsitive' effect the lovely doggos can have on your wellbeing. You can book tickets up to 2 weeks in advance.
Join the uea+sport £1 weekly dog walking sessions, every Wednesday during term times at 2pm - open to all UEA students and staff.
Take a break and get outside to stretch your legs and let a friendly dog keep you company. Groups will meet at the UEA security lodge and walk around Earlham park, to give themselves and the dogs some well-deserved exercise and fresh air.
Spaces are limited so please sign up online if you’d like to attend! Tickets will be available to purchase 2 weeks before each session - please buy the ticket for the correct date that you want to attend. Wear appropriate clothing for weather conditions and shoes suitable for an outdoor walk.
Session terms and conditions
- Only the dog handlers can hold the dog leaders
- You will be able to stroke the dogs and give them treats
- Hand sanitiser is available – just ask the volunteer/staff member leading the session.
- You are welcome to wear a face mask but it is not required if you don’t want to.
- Please be respectful to the dogs and the Tom & Toto staff
- If you are feeling unwell let one of the volunteers know.
- By buying a ticket you have agreed to the Tom and Toto participant waiver form details listed below.
- We may be taking photos/filming, so let one of the volunteers know if you do not want to be in any photos/videos
Any concerns or questions please contact uea+sport via either email@example.com or call 01603 593567.
By booking a space on the session you agree to adhere to the Tom and Toto Programme Participant Waiver and Release of Liability that states:
You have voluntarily applied to be a participant in the dog walking programme with Tom and Toto ltd. working in partnership with uea+sport, uea(su), and the University of East Anglia (UEA) and have understood each item indicated in this agreement.
- I am aware that this is a contract between me and Tom and Toto ltd. and that it waives legal rights that I may have now or in the future and releases Tom and Toto ltd. and others from claims for damages.
- I am participating in this activity with full knowledge of the tasks involved. I agree to accept any risks associated with my participation in the programme, including but not limited to injury and illness.
- I understand there are risks and dangers associated with animals, including but not limited to, bites, scratches and allergic reactions.
- I understand I have to adhere to the instructions given to me by Tom and Toto ltd. for appropriate conduct around the animals.
- I understand that this does not affect my legal rights.
We're committed to making sure all Do Something Different events are as accessible as possible for all students.
This event requires physical activities and may not be suitable for those with allergies to dogs.
Any attendees with individual concerns about their accessibility are advised to contact uea+sport via firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support.
uea+sport privacy notice
Sessions are organised and run by uea+sport and may require some information from you regarding your participant in the session. Therefore please visit the uea+sport/Sportspark privacy notice to understand what datas we may require and how we use it. This can be found here: https://www.sportspark.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Sportspark-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf
What is Do Something Different?
Do Something Different is an extracurricular programme delivered by uea(su) and UEA, to enhance your time at university. Whether you want to try out a new activity, explore somewhere new, or take a break from your studies, there is a Do Something Different activity that will work for you.
For more information on Do Something Different activities, check out the SU website> events> Do Something Different or follow our Instagram @ueadsd