UEA's award winning "Union House" is the main SU building, right in the middle of
campus just off the Square. It houses a bunch of services and facilities run by students, for
We run student bars, cafes and lounges - where everybody knows your name. We operate housing for
students - the most student focussed in Norwich. We put on safe, great value nights out with
friends for life. We run the best, most diverse SU live music programme in the UK. And we help
students run events where you and your mates shine!
What's in Union House?
- barSU: The
SU’s two main bars, commonly known as the "Red
and the "Blue Bar", with great drinks and events.
- Gateway: The main entrance to the SU. Here you'll
Sex Items, Information and a free
service for students.
- Kiosk@uea: The essential student shop run by the
university, with a
station and weigh-to-go snack station.
- Welfare: In this area you can pop in
for help and advice
issue from our professional team- plus UEA's own housing
LCR: The best SU nightclub and gig
venue in the UK.
- The Hive: There’s always something going on in
the Hive, from
vendor to student fund raising stall. Want to book a stall? Email
- Unio Coffee: UEA coffee shop run by the
- Green Room: Book this and its kitchen for your group,
- Student Media Centre: Where UEA's Student Radio,
TV and newspapers
Bar: A place to grab a coffee, a glass
of wine or
to eat- designed by postgrads for postgrads.
- Grad Lounge: A place to relax between lectures.
- Grad Kitchen: The union’s student kitchen,
- Bookable Rooms: 1-8 Book a room for your group,
meeting or event.
- Union Office: Where SU staff, officers and volunteers
to say hello to the team where your SU Officers and their staff work for
House reception is open 11am to 3pm Monday to Friday -
pop in and see us
need any help!
- Opportunities Store A & B: We store your stuff in
If you have lost an item of your property while you were on campus, there is a
good chance it
been handed in. If you want to know what to do with an item of lost
property that you have
or to reclaim lost property, please refer to our Lost
Property and Post Policy.