Who are we?
We are a friendly national student network of more than 20 university branches, we aim to raise awareness about the causes and context of global health inequalities locally, regionally and nationally. This society comprises of students from all schools, across UEA, that share a common vision – “A fair and just world in which equity in health is a reality for all."
We are open to all - feel free to contact us with any questions!
What do we do?
Living through a pandemic whilst watching racial prejudice continue to be rampant around the globe makes this society more vital than ever to educate and inspire students to be the change they want to see in the world.
- We raise awareness around key Global Health issues through short courses, conferences, campaigns, policy writing, protesting, film screenings (and more!) to provide you with in-depth knowledge of a variety of topics.
- This year, we are running short courses on: Mental Health, Child Health, Decolonizing Medical Education, and Migrant Health.
- In addition to this, we volunteer throughout the year with local groups. Stay tuned on this page and our Instagram for updates!
- Throughout winter months, there will also be donation boxes in the Hive to collect any student donations for local charities.
- We also won Rising Society of the Year and Student Event of the Year at the 2020 Student Transformation Awards!
Membership means you’ll be able to attend our events throughout the year and join us in our fundraising and volunteering. Members also receive certificates for attending events - which look great on your CV! If you join our society, you’ll be welcomed into a network of open-minded, supportive students and given the opportunity to learn about and discuss a wide variety of topics that are pivotal to health.
A local branch membership will automatically subscribe to the national network with various opportunities in workshops, voluntary work, national conferences and international exchanges.
This year, a UEA SfGH membership will get you deals and discounts above the regular student discount rate @ The Tipsy Vegan Norwich.
- 30% off food and drink for up to 4 people (Mon-Wed)
- 20% off food and drink for up to 4 people (Thurs/Sun)
- 10% off food and drink for up to 4 people (Fri/Sat)
- 2 for £12 cocktail deals
Use code UEASFGH and booking is essential!
We are going to continue to host a range of events over the next academic year - see if any topics interest you by visiting our Instagram page. Keep checking this page for updates!
President: Athena Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President: Reshma Anilkumar
Publicity Officer: Dede Casley-Hayford
Equality & Diversity Officer: Isha Mathur and Josie James
Health & Safety Officer: Reshma Anilkumar
Finance Officer: Yasmin Graham
Union Council Rep: Yasmin Graham