Hello and Welcome to the Official UEANC SU page!
We are a friendly and welcoming club; catering for players of every ability- it doesn't matter if you've been playing for years or you've never picked up a ball!
The following committee runs the club:
President: Victoria Sheshori
Vice President: Daniella Kenga-Bila
Treasurer: Keira Jones
Club Captain: Abbie Richardson
Media Secretaries: Ellie Richardson and Kaitlin Yardley-Turpin
Social Secretaries: Ameera Sadiq and Savannah Collis
Wellbeing and Equality and Diversity officer: Laura Flower
Fundraising and sponsorship officer: Debbie Kerrison
Union Council Rep and Health and Safety Officer: Emma Wood
Coaching Development Officer: Molly Johnston
Head coach: Sophie Thomas
BUCS & 4s: Lois Millican, Molly Johnston
5s: Ellie Glennon
6s: Abi Baker
7s: Emily Annette
8s: Keira Jones
Mixed: Arabella Darnell-Green & Mia Pepperdine
Dev/Social: Daniella Kenga-Bila, Kaitlin Yardley-Turpin & Charlie Robinson
To keep up to date with all things UEANC or for any additional information then please don't hesitate to get in contact via any of our social media accounts or via our club email address:
Find all of our important links in one place on our link tree! - linktr.ee/ueanetball
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram - @ueanetball
Twitter - @ueanetball
Facebook - University of East Anglia Netball Club
- UEANC Netball Freshers 23/24
So, a little more about the club!
- Our Squad is made up of 8 competitive teams! Nevertheless we also gladly welcome members who are non competitive and/or social.
- Our BUCS Squad (1st, 2nd and 3rd team) are entered into the BUCS league and compete every Wednesday against other universities and in the conference cup.
- Our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th teams have all been entered into local leagues as well. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th team play every other Tuesday night in an indoor league whereas the 5th and 6th teams will be playing outside every Monday night! The 7th and 8th teams combined will also play outdoors on a Thursday night!
- Our social squad and men's play friendlies every month!
- You can also join the Club even if you do not wish to play competitively - if this is the type of member you wish to be, you won't have to trial!
- MONDAY- 6-7:30pm 1st and 2nd teams (Hall 3), 7:30-9pm 3rd and 4th teams (Hall 3)
- TUESDAY- 5-6:20pm our 7th and 8th teams (Hall 3)
- WEDNESDAY- 7-9am 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th teams (Hall 2)
- THURSDAY- 3:40-5pm 5th and 6th teams
- FRIDAY- 7-9am strength and conditioning for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams (functional room), court session 3-5pm social and men's (Hall 3)
One of the best things about joining UEANC is the social side! Many of our girls have made friends for life, through the regular socials organised by our dedicated Social Secs. These can range from themed LCR nights out, live netball matches, SPORTS NIGHTS, trampolining, meals out and bbq's, cinema trips and joint socials with lots of other clubs. Our social calendar is already filling up so get ready for a jam-packed year of fun!
Our team selection takes place via trials, this is nothing to be worried about and is actually a really fun few days! Everyone will take part in a series of matches during which our coaches and selectors will be able to watch and ultimately make team decisions. To keep things completely fair old girls re-trial each year so every place is up for grabs!
Please book onto an appropriate slot, and ensure you buy a trials ticket before entering your details into the spreadsheet. Please try and fill the sessions from the start!
This year our trials will comprise of 3 phases:
- PHASE 1- Monday 25th September 6:00-10:00pm, held on the indoor courts
- An initial trial for ALL non-BUCS returners and anyone new wanting to join!
- PHASE 2- Wednesday 27th September 1:00-3:40pm, held on the indoor court
- For returning BUCS team players and selected individuals ONLY!
- PHASE 3- Wednesday 27th September 3:40-5:40pm, held on the indoor court
-For non-BUCS teams and selected individuals!
An email will be sent out by the evening of Tuesday 26th informing you of where you need to be and when for phase 2.
Follow these stages:
1- Go onto the SU to purchase your ticket for the slot you want.
2- Click on the excel spreadsheet link (below)
3- Write your name next to your first-choice position in an EMPTY SPACE and also, your UEA email address, second-choice position and any medical conditions/injuries we need to be aware of on the day.
4- make a note of your number!
On the day:
Please arrive 20 minutes before your allocated session to ensure we’ve got you registered/to sign you in, and to give you a chance to warm up!
PS- it might be worth checking the excel sheet before getting your ticket in case your preferred position is already taken up!
Sports fair will be held on Wednesday 20st September, between 11-4pm. We will be there to answer any questions you may have, and are so excited to meet you!
Additional Cost of Sport Ranges
The additional cost of sport project, which was created by the Students’ Union, alongside uea+sport, is designed to give prospective members information on the range of costs they may face in joining their chosen sport.
This range should be taken as guidance. For compulsory costs, this price includes uea+sport membership which is £55, and you only need to pay once to join all of our clubs.
When considering additional costs, some clubs may have none and others may have further costs. This is often dependent on the level of competitiveness for the sport you get involved in, and so recreational or socially playing may be cheaper. You may also have equipment which can be used between multiple sports, for example shoes or gum shields.
For any questions, please ask the sport club for specific further information, or email@example.com for further information on the project.
Your Activities & Opportunities Officer 23/24