We are an enthusiastic club who welcome casual, intermediate and even high performance players. We are always looking for new members and would love to see you at one of our training or Do Something Different sessions. There is regular professional coaching on Sunday evenings and equipment is provided if necessary. Everyone is allowed two free sessions (excluding taster sessions and trials) however if you plan to continue coming please ensure you have bought your membership or purchased a ticket for each indivdiual session.
UEA Table Tennis kit can be bought from Birds of Dereham.
Training Begins 19/09/2022 - Monday
Trials - 01/10/2022
Committee Elections: Our new committee for 2023/24 have just been elected! There will be new opportunities to join our committee soon.
More details of fixtures and results for the local league can be found on Norwich Table Tennis Leagues website; we have local league teams in Premier A, Divison 2, and Division 3 and Division 4. BUCS fixtures can be found via the BUCS Play app; the Men's team is in Midlands Tier 2B and the Women's team is in Midlands Tier 2A. Both teams also play in the Midlands Conference Cup. A calendar of all matches is visible to members as an event, Fixture List.
- Local League: Thursdays, 19:00 – 22:20, Hall 2 (Front Half). A and B team now play at Wensum, a 10 minute drive away.
- Local league: away matchdays vary.
- BUCS: Wednesdays, Afternoon, Home/Away
These are designed for members only; non-members can come along to 2 sessions before they should buy membership. Sessions are currently open to all members whether that is social, squad or BUCS players. There is coaching for social and squad players from Stuart Laws (Level 3 Coach) on Sundays.
- Squad Session: Mondays, 19:30 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Social Session: Wednesdays, 19:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Social Session: Thursdays, 19:00 – 22:20, Hall 2 (Front Half) **Only if there is not a local league match**
- Social + C and D team Session: Sundays, 18:30 – 20:00 Kiff Matheson Suite (coaching 19:00 – 20:00)
- A + B team session: Sundays 20:00-22:20 Kiff Matheson Suite (coaching 20:00 - 21:00)
If we have a high number of players regularly attending we will split certain training times so that the squad and BUCS players get their separate training times. More information in due course!
There are two types of membership. If you have not joined another sports club this academic year, you will also need to buy Sports Membership (this should be automatically added to your cart). You can come to 2 sessions before becoming a member and DSD sessions are open to non-members. If you are not a UEA student or staff, please contact the committee as there may be different rules around membership.
- Standard Membership (£25): all members need to buy this to attend the social sessions and participate in committee elections.
- Squad Add-on (£15): squad players need to buy this in addition to the standard membership to play at squad sessions and in Local League or BUCS teams.
- In addition to the above, all local league players will need to purchase or renew their Table Tennis England membership. Instructions for how to do this will be sent out post trials.
Do Something Different (DSD)
DSD sessions are open to members and non-members. Please buy tickets (Free) beforehand.
- To be announced soon watch this space! ******
Team trials are run at the start of the year, but team selection for each match depends on availability and performance in training sessions.
To be announced soon watch this space! ******
Socials & Events
We run socials throughout the year such as laser tag, club nights, movie nights, a Christmas meal, and a BBQ. Please buy tickets (variable price) beforehand.
More Info on the 2023/24 Socials will be released soon so watch this space and/or our instagram!
The committee are here to answer any questions, queries or concerns you may have. Feel free to contact us and we will try our best to help you. The First Year Representative position will be decided soon after the start of the season!
- President: Jamie Morrison, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President: Jessica Abrahams, J.Abrahams@uea.ac.uk
- Secretary: Jeffrey Chan, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Andy Huang, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health & Safety Officer: Andy Huang, email@example.com
- Equality & Diversity Officer: Daniel Amazigo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Secretary: Kaiyan Malvankar, email@example.com
- Publicity Secretary: David Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Well-Being Officer: Dhruv Patel, email@example.com
- Union Council rep: TBD
- First Year Representative: TBD
Our main platform of communication currently is Whatsapp, although we also answer queries on Instagram, check back to see our full social media list for this year!
- Instagram: @ueatabletennis
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whatsapp: Please contact a member of committee from a uea email (@uea.ac.uk) or ask to be added at a training session.
Below you can get tickets for the various sessions that we run. Tickets should be purchased for all events, even if they are free. Please also remember to scan the attendance QR code during the session. Tickets for each week's sessions should be available from midnight on each Monday.
All training session tickets are set to members only, but you can come to a couple of sessions before getting membership (in which case, don't worry about getting tickets).
Additional Cost of Sport Ranges
The additional cost of sport project, which was created by the Students’ Union, alongside uea+sport, is designed to give prospective members information on the range of costs they may face in joining their chosen sport.
This range should be taken as guidance. For compulsory costs, this price includes uea+sport membership which is £55, and you only need to pay once to join all of our clubs.
When considering additional costs, some clubs may have none and others may have further costs. This is often dependent on the level of competitiveness for the sport you get involved in, and so recreational or socially playing may be cheaper. You may also have equipment which can be used between multiple sports, for example shoes or gum shields.
For any questions, please ask the sport club for specific further information, or email@example.com for further information on the project.
Your Activities & Opportunities Officer 23/24