Want to find out more about our club? Join our Facebook group "UEA Tennis Newcomers 2022/23" to meet everyone!
UEA Tennis is a friendly club with a mixture of players with all abilities. We welcome beginners through to advanced players. The club has 13 competitive teams, for BUCS we have 4 mens and 2 womens, for the Norfolk mixed doubles regional league we have an A & B team, for the Norwich City League we have 1 summer league team. These all play regularly competitively, against other clubs. Our experienced captains delivers coaching at all of our training sessions and there is the opportunity for members to gain their own experience in coaching too.
- Sunday (Sports Park) 2pm - 4pm
- Come along to our relaxed social sessions aimed at any level and we will provide you with tennis rackets, balls and coaching!
BUCS Men's and Women's Team Training:
Training aimed at the more experienced and competitive players - BUCS is perfect for those looking to compete against other universities at a high level.
- Mondays (Sports Park) 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Sundays (Indoor Easton Tennis Centre) 4pm - 6pm (transport will be provided from campus)
Development Squad Training:
Development Squad is perfect for those who want to train and compete at a high level under the guidance and watchful eye of our coaches.
- Thursdays (Sportspark) 5:30pm- 7:30pm
Academy Squad Training:
Academy squad is aimed at those who want to push towards getting into our BUCS teams, and who want competitive drills with other high-standard players.
- Saturdays (Sportspark) 1pm - 3pm
- BUCS (British Universities and Colleges Sport) matches are every Wednesday against other universities in our league.
- Norfolk Mixed Doubles regional League (Sunday League) allows competitive play every Sunday against other regional clubs.
- Norwich City League men's and women's doubles league against local teams that runs from May to August.
- Fast 4 matches are competitive matches designed for non-performance players giving them the opportunity to play against other universities in our league such as Essex, Anglia Ruskin & Cambridge.
- Team Challenge, an annual event held at UEA celebrates tennis regardless of your skill level, we host other universities competing in challenges,
- Once a year there is a university-wide Sports Competition against Essex University called Derby Day where we play our Women's and Men's teams.
- We also offer regular club tournaments throughout the year, such as Club Champs, Box League, Charitable competitions, Davis Cup and many more :)
Socials & Events
We have an extremely packed social calendar throughout the year ranging from themed nights out, weekly Sports nights, sober socials, quiz nights, mixed tournaments, Winter/Summer Balls, tour in Croatia and more!
- Social/Development Squad Member: £35 for the year (standard membership)
- Academy Squad Member: £TBD for the year (standard membership plus Academy add on)
- BUCS Squad Member: £70 for the year (standard membership plus £35 BUCS add on)
If you are interested in playing tennis at university make sure you like the official UEA Tennis page to see updates on team trials, fun social sessions and tennis nights out!
Check out our regularly updated social media to see what we're up to!
- Instagram: @ueatennis
- Twitter: @ueatennis
- Facebook: UEA Tennis
- TikTok: @ueatennis
Any questions just ask,
Tennis love x
Your committee for 2022/23:
- Co-Presidents: Ollie Radcliffe & Kirsten Howe
- Secretary: Abby Hoffmann
- Treasurer: Simon Coupe
- Social Secs: Maria Aleksic & Archie McAllister
- Publicity Sec: Matti Beamish
- Health & Safety: Tom Ramm
- Fundraising & Sponsorship: James Rhodes
- 1st Team BUCS Men's Captain: Tom B-T
- 2nd Team BUCS Men's Captain: George Noble
- 3rd Team BUCS Men's Captain: Alex Swarbrick
- 4th Team BUCS Men's Captain: Owen Fernandez
- Women's BUCS Captain: Evie Smart
- A Team Captain: Katie Balls
- B Team Captain: Demetris Pirou
- Equality & Diversity: Mollie Bates
- Union Council Rep: Matt Cooper
- First Year Rep: TBD
- Non-BUCS Representative: Zac Oputu
Additional Cost of Sport Ranges
The additional cost of sport project, which was created by the Students’ Union, alongside uea+sport, is designed to give prospective members information on the range of costs they may face in joining their chosen sport.
This range should be taken as guidance. For compulsory costs, this price includes uea+sport membership which is £55, and you only need to pay once to join all of our clubs.
When considering additional costs, some clubs may have none and others may have further costs. This is often dependent on the level of competitiveness for the sport you get involved in, and so recreational or socially playing may be cheaper. You may also have equipment which can be used between multiple sports, for example shoes or gum shields.
For any questions, please ask the sport club for specific further information, or email@example.com for further information on the project.
Your Activities & Opportunities Officer 23/24