Information for Councillors logo

Information for Councillors

Claiming Expenses

We have policy that any Union reps attending Union Council or other representative meetings are able to claim travel and/or carer expenses. We do not pay loss of earnings expenses.

In order to claim expenses you must be coming to campus specifically to attend the meeting.

We pay travel expenses if you are coming from outside the immediate area of campus; anywhere outside the postcodes NR4 or NR2. You can see a postcode map here.

We pay care expenses, if your attendance at a Union meeting requires you to employ a professional carer for anyone in your family.

You can find the expenses form here; submit your claim to using the form.


All Union Councillors are required to attend training. This year training will be held:

  • Wednesday, October 4th at 5pm - Lecture Theatre 4 
  • Thursday, October 5th at 12pm - Lecture Theatre 3
  • Thursday, October 5th at 5pm - Lecture Theatre 3

All Councillors will recieve a meeting invitation to their UEA email address. You only need to attend one of these sessions. 

Here are some resources to help you use Union Council to change things at UEA:

Diagram explaining the democratic structure of uea(su):

Code of Conduct

The Code sets out the procedures to be followed in the case of disciplinary action against an individual member. The code concerns the disciplinary rules and procedures that operate within the Union.