Non-Binary and Women's Network
The Non-binary and Women's Network is an autonomous organisation that is responsible for writing policy, holidng the Women's Officer to account and involving women+ students in campaigns and activities.
The rules governing these elections can be found here.
No elections are currently running
- Chair – Vacant
- Deputy Chair – Trix-Houston Black
Union Council representatives:
- Open Place - Rebecca Foreman
The meeting dates for 2017-18 are:
- Monday 15th January 3.30-5pm, Room 5, Union House
- Monday 4th December 2017 5.30-7.30pm, Room 5, Union House
- Monday 6th November 2017 5.30-7.30pm, Room 5, Union House
Minutes of meetings
NUS Women's Conference
On 5th-7th April 2016, UEA sent 4 delegates to represent you at the National Union of Students (NUS) Women's Conference. They voted on issues affecting women students, and elected the NUS Women's Committee and the NUS Women's Officer.
Your delegates to the conference in 2016 were:
- Jo Swo
- Sophie Jackson
- Abbie Mulcairn
How your delegates voted
A PDF document detailing how each of your delegates voted can be found here. The full conference agenda can be found here.
The conference also elected the NUS Women's Officer, the 2nd Women's Rep on the NUS National Executive (NEC), and the NUS Women's Committee.
National Women’s Officer: Hareem Ghani
NEC 2nd Place: Amelia Horgan
- Open Places: Debbie Doyle, Iqra Hussain, Scarlett Langdon, Katherine Mellor
- Trans Rep: Rowan Davis
- International Students’ Rep: Hansika Jethnani
- FE Rep: Anjelina Imtiaz Qureshi
- Postgrad Rep: Katie Capstick
- Black Students’ Rep: Joy Teddy-Jimoh
- Disabled Students’ Rep: Tasmia Salim
- Lesbian Rep: Heather Wood
- Caring Responsiblities Rep: Ruth Raymer
- Bi Rep: Rosie Booth