Fancy trying a new sport?
Come and try the Olympic martial art of Judo! It's an exciting and dynamic Japanese martial art focussed on grappling, throwing techniques, pins and submissions. It is an all inclusive sport that has seen many successes for Team GB, winning 8 silver and 12 bronze Olympic medals since 1972. More recently, Team GB players medalled at the Paris Grand Slam 2020, with Gemma Howell winning Bronze in the women's u70kg category, and Sally Conway winning Bronze at the 2019 World Judo Championships in the womens's u70kg category!
To see what top-level judo looks like, check out some highlights from the 2019 World Championships - https://youtu.be/9eWuuNae2Ew
Judo is a martial art that is highly effective in developing fitness, confidence and a new skill. It is also the type of sport that you need no prior experinece for. All sessions can be catered towards multiple skill levels and no experience is needed.
You get two free sessions with UEA Judo and then afterwards you will need to purchase British Judo Association (BJA) membership, UEA+Sport Membership and Club membership.
- BJA Student membership is £21 for 12 months (New Members) and covers grading, competitions and insurance. It is £26 to renew. Click here to purchase.
- uea+sport membership is £55 for 12 months. This only needs to be purchased once to access all clubs! Click here to purchase.
- UEA Judo Club membership (£25), which can be purchased above by adding the Standard Membership Main: Judo to your basket. Note, you will also have access to JJJ training sessions.
Any questions? Send us a message on the UEA Judo instagram page, or on our email email@example.com.
JAPANESE JIU JITSU (JJJ)
Japanese Jiu Jitsu is a traditional martial art focusing on practical self-defence skills. It's a fun but useful martial art, with a friendly and welcoming club atmosphere. Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary. We have frequent socials and national events throughout the year.
For more info, see The Jiu Jitsu Foundation website here.
You get two free sessions with JJJ and then afterwards you will need to purchase The Jiu Jitsu Foundation (TJJF) membership, UEA+Sport Membership and Club membership.
- The Jiu Jitsu Federation Membership. Click here to purchase.
- uea+sport membership is £55 for 12 months. Click here to purchase.
- UEA JJJ Club membership (£25), which can be purchased above by adding the Standard Membership Main: JJJ to your basket. Note, you will still have access to Judo training sessions.
Any questions? Drop us a message on our email below or send our facebook page a message.
Come and join us in Congregation Hall 01.19, our training times are:
Monday - 18:00-20:00
Thursday - 18:00-20:00
Japanese Jiu Jitsu:
Friday - 18:00-20:00
Sunday - 19:00-21:00
President - Max Matthews
Treasurer - Luke Johnson
Secretary - Qasim Khan
Social Secretary - Idris Phillips-Fry & Elle Craig
Equality & Diversity Officer - Nerice Ryan
Health & Safety Officer - Ethan Lyons
First Year Rep - Timothy Bevan
JJJ - Poppy Carr & Luke Cleaver
Kit Officer - Jonathan Fry
Union Council Rep - Emma Packard
John Ellis: BJA Level 2 Coach
Oliver Swanepoel: BJA Level 1 Coach
Michael Eaton: BJA Level 1 Coach
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram